1. Egg nog or hot chocolate? I love eggnog, but I definitely prefer hot chocolate. Cozy, warm, comforting, chocolate. Done and done!
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Gifts are wrapped, except for the smaller stocking stuffers.
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? I prefer white lights for the outside and, as you can tell above, we use multicolored lights for our tree, though I’d prefer white for those too.
4. Do you hang mistletoe? We don’t at our house. No shortage of kisses here!
5. When do you put your decorations up? The weekend after Thanksgiving. Adam won’t let me do it a minute earlier, but I do appreciate him letting me get Christmas started before December arrives. I need my tree around as long as possible.
6. What is your favorite holiday dish? Green bean casserole, turkey with stuffing and cranberries. Yum!
7. Favorite holiday memory as a child? I just remember every Christmas eve. We’d go to my Aunt’s house and hang out with the cousins, then we’d go home and open our Christmas P.J.’s(a tradition that lives on to this day) and then we’d go to bed. I just remember that sense of excitement and joy knowing Santa was coming. I just wanted to fast forward Christmas eve and slow Christmas as much as possible.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I figured out the truth when I saw a doll I had asked for in my mom’s closet(I was a sneaky little one), when I was about eight, I think? When mom told me Santa brought it, I nodded and smiled not wanting to give myself up but inside I was freaking out a bit.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Just our Christmas pajamas.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? With regular ball ornaments, multicolored lights, and my collection of mainly Hallmark ornaments from years before. I like the memories each one brings. We have an ornament from the Jelly Belly factory that we got during our honeymoon, an ornament for Nola, and my mom and sister gifted us with an ornament for our future pup..to be adopted sometime in 2012(yes we already know the breed we’re looking to rescue). Oh and candy canes! We pick those off throughout the month to enjoy.
19. Candy canes: yuck or yummy? Yummy, for sure.
20. Favorite Christmas movie? A Christmas Story is my number one. I also love Christmas vacation, The Santa Clause, Elf and Miracle on 34th Street.
21. Saddest Christmas song? Christmas shoes…have you heard that song? Such a sad, sweet song.
22. What is your favorite Christmas song? Just heard this one in church last Sunday, but it has quickly become a favorite! A great reminder of the true reason for Christmas.