Some healthier choices are being made in our house lately.
It seems, during the time when everyone is making resolutions and working on still keeping them, we’ve been pretty lax on making healthy choices.
Since being sick and going through a rough patch, I’ve barely done any exercise and haven’t been as concerned about what I’m eating and I’m paying for it! I’m not talking about weight here, but more how I feel physically and emotionally.
Here are some little things I’m working on:
Working on perfecting my dancer pose? ;)
- Moving every day, even if it’s just for a nice, long walk.
- Drinking less coffee and certainly less caffeine. Good thing I love me some herbal tea!
- Eating more fruits & vegetables.
- Most importantly, eating more WHOLE foods and less processed food.
- Drinking lots of water.
- Getting outside more, even just to take some pictures.
- Writing things down more. I never write things down and things sneak up on me, which definitely causes lots of stress. I bought a nifty little planner and plan on using it a lot this year.
- Taking time off the computer and a break from t.v. We usually keep the t.v. on a lot, even just as background noise. We had a period of time a couple months ago where we only put the t.v. on an hour or two a day and it was WONDERFUL! We listened to tons of music, read more and it was just better!
- Not letting little things stress me out as much as they do. I can choose to let things bother me or I can take a deep breath and realize that everything will work out. I’ve dealt with anxiety issues most of my life, so this is a tough one, but so important. That’s another reason why I need to take it easy on the caffeine. It only tends to make it worse.*
Things going on are getting better but my body is desperately needing to be taken care of. Thankfully, I’m feeling better already. I haven’t had full-caff coffee in a few days and I’m not missing it at all! Woohoo!