Today, the world is gray. We woke up this morning to cool and rainy weather. Being born and raised in Fort Lauderdale, this is just downright bizarre to me. We’re smack dab in the middle of summer and I wore a jacket this morning? Bonkers! Yes, three years out of Florida and days like this still blow my mind.
Anyway, the first half of my day seemed to fit the weather to a tee. Nothing was going right, I was feeling off and WE WERE OUT OF COFFEE. On a cold, rainy morning all I wanted was a hot cup of coffee, but even that wasn’t happening.
After getting my workout in and some errands done, I was driving home when I realized that it was all mental. This feeling of yuck that I let myself swim in this morning, it was up to me to stay there or to leave it behind me. I could let circumstances determine my day or I could take control and turn it around myself. So I proceeded to go home, make myself some lunch and some hot coffee, had a little chat with God and my day did a complete 180. I want to be able to find joy despite circumstances, so this was a good way to practice that.
To keep this happy-feeling going, here is just a little list of things I am loving at the moment.
Today, I’m loving:
- Oh my gosh, my husband. I am SO grateful for that man, I just love him so much.
- My family that accepts me and loves me for who I am.
- Good friends that do the same.
- Talks with my mom, even if it’s just me talking 95% of the time. Then I apologize and she reacts like I’m crazy for even apologizing. MOMS, right? I love her.
- Healthy juices and smoothies from our new NutriBullet baby, with which I am still obsessed. (Thanks, dad! LOVE YOU.)
- My dogs. As frustrating as they can be at times, the joy they bring us far outweighs the challenges. No one else gets that excited when we walk through the door.
- This rainy weather. It’s not my always favorite when the rain comes down in sheets and I have to be out in it, but I am really loving the cool down. These temps can stay here until Fall, please and thank you.
- Coffee. (I had to)
- My rain boots that will keep my feet warm and dry this weekend.
- The mountains, where it already feels like Fall and where we are hopefully heading this weekend, if the rain decides to chill out a bit.
- Pumpkin-spiced everything. Yes, I am totally in a state of Fall. Keep it coming.
- This blog. The outlet this provides me is just good for my soul. I love it. Thank you for reading!
- That it’s Friday and it’s been a tough week and a restful, rainy weekend may be just what we need.
Merry weekend to all and to all a good…weekend!